Harvard Beets with Pineapple
This sweet and tangy beet side dish is a nod to James Dole's alma mater.
Calories per serving
- 1-1/2 cups cooked beets, cut into chunks
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine beets and pineapple chunks in a bowl.
- Combine 2 tablespoons reserved juice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Whisk until smooth. Heat saucepan over low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture simmers and thickens. Remove from heat and whisk in butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle sauce over beets and pineapple. Toss gently to coat.