Grilled Pizza with Canadian Bacon n Charred Tropical Fruit
A savory/sweet creation
Calories per serving
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) DOLE® Tropical Fruit, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced diagonally, divided
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- as needed vegetable oil
- 8 ounces Canadian bacon, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough
- 1-2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil olive oil, divided
- 2 cups coarsely grated Fontina cheese
- 1 cup DOLE Arugula
- Preheat gas grill with lid down to medium heat
- Combine tropical fruit, 1/4 cup green onions, salt and pepper in small bowl. Place a double sheet of heavy duty foil on part of grill grate. Lightly brush foil with oil. Spread fruit mixture on foil; grill, turning fruit often until lightly charred. Remove foil and fruit from grill, set aside.
- Meanwhile , brush small section of grill grate with oil. Cook Canadian bacon on both sides until grill marks appear. Remove slices and coarsely chop; set aside. Turn one burner to high and other burners to medium low.
- Divide pizza dough in half. On floured surface, roll and stretch each half to a 10 x 5-inch rectangular. Brush 1/2 tablespoon olive oil on one side of each crust; place oil-side down on grill plate and place over medium low side of grill. Cook with lid down 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown on bottom, breaking up any large bubbles in crust, if necessary with tongs.
- Brush top of crusts with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil before turning crust to grill second side. Quickly top each crust with 1 cup cheese to 1/2-inch of edges. Top each with bacon and fruit mixture. Cook with lid down 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp on bottom and cheese starts to melt.
- Meanwhile , toss together arugula, remaining 1/4 cup green onions, 1 teaspoon olive oil and balsamic vinegar in small bowl. Evenly divide arugula mixture over pizzas. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired.