Grilled Pineapple Farro Salad with Chicken Yogurt and Pitas
Grilled Pineapple Farro Salad with Chicken, Yogurt and Pitas
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices, drained, juice reserved
- 2 cups water
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- OR 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 (5-inch) pita breads
- 1 cup thick Greek yogurt
- 1 cup farro, rinsed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In medium saucepan, combine 1 cup reserved pineapple juice, 2 cups water and farro; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- Transfer farro to large bowl. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, mint, cilantro and tomatoes; toss well. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste.
- Meanwhile, season pineapple rings and chicken each with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. On greased grill rack, cook pineapple 1 to 2 minutes per side or until caramelized with grill marks; transfer to cutting surface. Cut pineapple into bite-size pieces. Add to bowl with farro; toss well.
- Grill chicken, turning, for 6 to 10 minutes or until just fully cooked. Transfer to cutting surface; cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Place 1 or 2 pieces chicken on small wooden skewers.
- Using 2 tablespoons olive oil, brush both sides pita breads with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill pitas 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting surface; cut each into 4 wedges.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- To assemble plates, spoon about 1 cup of salad on center of small plates. Top with skewered chicken bites. Arrange pita wedges and dollop of yogurt sauce on side. Garnish with cilantro.