By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Grilled Pineapple Farro Salad with Chicken Yogurt and Pitas
Grilled Pineapple Farro Salad with Chicken, Yogurt and Pitas
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices, drained, juice reserved
- 2 cups water
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- OR 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 (5-inch) pita breads
- 1 cup thick Greek yogurt
- 1 cup farro, rinsed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In medium saucepan, combine 1 cup reserved pineapple juice, 2 cups water and farro; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- Transfer farro to large bowl. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, mint, cilantro and tomatoes; toss well. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste.
- Meanwhile, season pineapple rings and chicken each with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. On greased grill rack, cook pineapple 1 to 2 minutes per side or until caramelized with grill marks; transfer to cutting surface. Cut pineapple into bite-size pieces. Add to bowl with farro; toss well.
- Grill chicken, turning, for 6 to 10 minutes or until just fully cooked. Transfer to cutting surface; cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Place 1 or 2 pieces chicken on small wooden skewers.
- Using 2 tablespoons olive oil, brush both sides pita breads with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill pitas 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting surface; cut each into 4 wedges.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- To assemble plates, spoon about 1 cup of salad on center of small plates. Top with skewered chicken bites. Arrange pita wedges and dollop of yogurt sauce on side. Garnish with cilantro.