Calories per serving
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless lean pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits, drained, juice reserved
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 -1/2 cups onion, diced
- Stir together cumin, chili powder and salt in a large bowl. Add pork to spices and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add pork, in batches, brown meat on all sides; set aside.
- Stir together reserved pineapple juice, hot sauce, cocoa powder, sugar, tomatoes, beans, garlic and onion in slow cooker. Stir in browned pork, cover.
- Cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or HIGH 3 to 4 hours or until pork is tender. Add pineapple chunks during last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Serve chili with green onions, sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired.