Fiery Dragon Stir Fry
A spicy yet healthy dinner option.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp less sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 3/4 - 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb fresh or thawed shrimp, peeled and divided
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pkg (16 oz) frozen Oriental vegetable medley
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups white or brown rice, cooked
- Drain pineapple; reserve 1/4 cup juice.
- Stir together reserved juice, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, pepper, garlic and 1/2 cup water; set aside.
- Combine shrimp with remaining 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and soy sauce. Heat oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove. Add frozen vegetables and ginger; stir-fry 4 minutes. Pour in reserved soy sauce mixture and shrimp; cook, stirring, 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in pineapple chunks and heat through. Serve over rice.