Festive Cranberry Pineapple Salad
A cranberry-pineapple salad that is also festive.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1 pkg (8-serving size) cherry or raspberry flavor gelatin
- 1 pkg. (19 oz.) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 DOLE Apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserve juice. Remove 1 tbsp. crushed pineapple; set aside for garnish. In medium saucepan combine reserved juice with water to make 3 cups; heat to boiling. Add gelatin: stir at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in cranberry sauce. Pour into large bowl. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Stir in remaining pineapple, apple and walnuts; stir gently until well blended. Pour into medium serving bowl.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with reserved crushed pineapple and additional apple slices just before serving. Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator