Date Nut Bread
Enjoy this savory and sweet date nut bread.
Calories per serving
- 1/2 cup chopped DOLE Whole Pitted Dates or DOLE Chopped Dates
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 large DOLE® Banana(s), mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar or granulated sucralose sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg(s)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Soak dates in orange juice; set aside. Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar or sweetener, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix together oil, eggs, and bananas in small bowl. Combine with flour mixture until blended. Fold in walnuts, dates and orange juice.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake on center rack 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack; invert onto rack to cool completely.