Chinatown Chicken Simmer
A fulfilling and healthy meal that takes less than 30 minutes
Calories per serving
- 2 cups MINUTE® White Rice, uncooked
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons KIKKOMAN® Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon KIKKOMAN® Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6-8 individual, sliced TYSON® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, 1/2 inch
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1-1/2 cups snow peas, halved
- Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserve juice. Mix 1/4 cup juice with cornstarch; set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; add oil and chicken brown for 5 minutes. Add garlic, bell pepper, onion and ginger saute 3 minutes. Add snow peas and remaining pineapple juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, cinnamon and honey. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Add pineapple and cornstarch mixture, cook until the sauce thickens. Serve over rice.