Chicken Thighs in Cherry Sauce
A very quick and very tasty entree for family dinner.
Calories per serving
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 (about 8 oz. each) skinless chicken thigh(s)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) frozen DOLE® Cherries, pitted
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and arrange in skillet. Cook for 5 minutes until lightly brown on one side.
- Turn the chicken and reduce heat to medium. Add the cherries, cinnamon and honey. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer until chicken is cooked through and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part measures 160F. Transfer chicken to plate and continue cooking cherries until fruit is very soft and liquid coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Serve chicken with rice topped with cherry mixture.