Cherry Bourbon Baked Brie
Recipe created by Ally Phillips, Dole blogger ambassador.
Calories per serving
- 1 round (8 oz.) brie cheese, slightly room temperature
- 1 cup frozen DOLE® Dark Sweet Cherries
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pistachios, roughly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put the cherries and bourbon in a small mixing bowl. Let the cherries thaw completely. Drain off the liquid and reserve.
- Put the cherry/bourbon liquid, honey and lemon juice in a small sauce pan. Turn heat to medium high. Bring to boil for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Turn off heat. Let it sit on the blaze.
- Slice the brie cheese (sideways) through the middle making two large circles. Place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- On the bottom circle, use your thumb or the tip of a spoon to make divots (indentations) all around. Place the cherries in these indentations. They will ‘sit’ more securely. Sprinkle on about half of the pistachios and about half of the reduce liquid.
- Put the top brie round on. Gently press down. Drizzle with the remaining liquid and sprinkle on the remaining pistachios.
- Bake for about 8-9 minutes or until the cheese begins to ooze out the sides.
- Remove and serve directly from the cookie sheet with hot baguette bread.