By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Calories per serving
- 2 pieces DOLE® Pineapple Slices, drained and patted dry
- large pinch sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread, artisan style preferred, sliced about ½ to ¾” thick
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 slices sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh spinach and arugula greens
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese, optional
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the pineapple slices
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Let it get hot. Put one tablespoon of butter in the skillet and the pineapples. Grill on each side about 90 seconds. Remove to a plate. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Start building the sandwich to grill.
- On the unbuttered side of one slice, put the pepper jack cheese slices. Add the seared pineapple slices. Add the cheddar cheese slices. Top with the greens.
- Put the whipped cream cheese on the unbuttered side of the top slice of bread. Place the whipped cream side on top of the greens.
- Cover the sandwich with a lid for about 60-75 seconds or until golden brown on the bottom side.
- Carefully flip the sandwich with a spatula. Press down gently with a somewhat flexible egg flipper. Cover with the lid for about 60-90 seconds or until the bottom bread is crispy golden brown.
- Add more arugula greens to the sandwich by stuffing in/around the sandwich.
- Remove to a cutting board. Slice at an angle. Serve immediately.