Caramelized Chicken and Pineapple
A delicious entree blending sweet pineapple, bell peppers, and cranberries for a perfect dinner meal.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 green or red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving 1/2 cup juice in small bowl. Set pineapple chunks and juice aside.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness. Combine brown sugar and cornstarch in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in brown sugar mixture.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Place chicken in an ovenproof serving dish; keep warm in a 225 F oven.
- Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add reserved pineapple juice, bell pepper strips, cranberries, balsamic vinegar and chili-garlic sauce to skillet. Cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Gently stir in reserved pineapple chunks and cook until thoroughly heated. Pour pineapple mixture evenly over cooked chicken.