A chicken dish with Mexican flavor.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices, drained, juice reserved
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 to 1-1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- Pound chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine cumin, oregano and cloves. Sprinkle over chicken.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium. Lightly saute pineapple about 1 minute. Remove from skillet. Brown chicken in pan juices. Cover, simmer 2 to 4 minutes until done. Transfer to serving plate.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, lime juice and cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk well and pour into skillet. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in cilantro. Serve sauce over chicken and pineapple