By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Breezy Indian Spiced Chicken with Mango Peanut Sauce Dates and Grilled Mango
This recipe was the 2014 Grand Prize California Cook-off winner.
Calories per serving
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Chopped Dates
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Garam Masala, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups frozen DOLE Mango Chunks, thawed, divided
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to large resealable bag. Stir together 1/2 cup hoisin sauce, ginger, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, and kosher salt, in medium bowl . Set aside about a third of marinade for grilling. Pour remaining marinade over chicken in bag; seal bag. Toss to coat chicken well. Place in a cooler next to grill or in ice-filled bowl.
- Spray grill rack with cooking spray. Thread 1 cup mango onto skewers. Grill mango chunks 2 to 3 minutes, flipping once, until grill marks appear. Place mango chunks in food processor or blender. Cover; blend until smooth.
- In medium fire-proof saucepan, over medium heat on grill side burner, add mango puree, peanut butter, water, remaining 1/4 teaspoon garam masala, and 1/4 cup hoisin sauce. Cook, stirring, until smooth and heated through. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice and sweet chili sauce.
- Spray grill rack with cooking spray. Thread remaining mango chunks onto skewers. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Place chicken on grill rack. Grill chicken 3 to 5 minutes per side, flipping once, until grill marks appear and internal temperature reaches 165°F. During last few minutes of grilling, brush chicken with reserved marinade.
- Grill mango skewers 1 to 2 minutes per side, flipping once or until grill marks appear.
- Arrange chicken on 6 small plates; top with grilled mango chunks. Sprinkle with dates and cilantro, dividing equally. Drizzle with mango sauce.