Blushing Pineapple Soup
Pineapple dessert soup, sweet with a hint of tartness.
Calories per serving
- 1 cup DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cup fresh DOLE Tropical Gold® Pineapple, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Combine pineapple juice, wine, sugar, lime peel, lime juice, cloves and cinnamon in saucepan; heat to boiling. Stir in pineapple chunks, cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 15 minutes or until pineapple is tender.
- Remove pineapple from cooking liquid with slotted spoon; cool slightly. Pour liquid through strainer. Reserve 3/4 cup pineapple liquid; discard remaining liquid.
- Place pineapple chunks in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth. Add sour cream and reserved pineapple liquid. Blend until smooth. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled. Can also be served warm.