Blueberry Cinnamon Muffins
These blueberry muffins will compliment any cup of tea.
Calories per serving
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup frozen DOLE Blueberries, thawed and drained
- 1 egg(s)
- 3/4 cup DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy in large bowl. Beat in egg, pineapple juice, orange peel and vanilla extract.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Stir into juice mixture with blueberries just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into (1/2-cup) muffin cups sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 375ºF., 15 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack; serve warm.
Substitution Tips: Replace egg with 1/4 cup egg substitute and replace up to 1 cup all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.