Black Bean and Pineapple Quesadillas
Former Dole associate and a long-time ambassador, Bonnie Lewis has inspired these fun, yet healthier kid friendly step by step recipes. A Southwestern style quesadilla that's sweetened with pineapple.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 6 tablespoons prepared salsa
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine beans, crushed pineapple, salsa and cilantro in medium bowl.
- Top four tortillas with 1/2 cup bean mixture. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on top of bean mixture. Place another tortilla on top of cheese to make four quesadillas.
- Cook over medium-high heat, in nonstick skillet, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until cheese melts.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges.