Berry Stuffed French Toast Panini
A fast and delicious breakfast recipe.
Calories per serving
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- as needed maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices French bread
- 1-1/3 cups frozen DOLE® Blackberries
- 1 cup frozen DOLE Raspberries
- 4 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- as needed ground nutmeg
- as needed confectioners sugar
- Blend cream cheese, marmalade and salt until smooth in small bowl. Evenly spread cheese mixture onto each bread slice.
- Arrange 1/3 cup fruit on one bread slice; top with another bread slice. Repeat for remaining panini.
- Combine eggs and milk in shallow bowl, beat until blended. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture allowing to soak for 30 seconds. Repeat with second side.
- Heat panini grill to medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place two sandwiches on grill and close top. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes until golden brown. Keep warm. Repeat process for remaining panini.
- Dust lightly with nutmeg and confectioners sugar. Serve with syrup.