Banana Streusel Coffee Cake
A coffee cake with delicious banana streusel.
Calories per serving
- 2 extra-ripe, small DOLE® Banana(s), peeled
- 1 egg(s), lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup DOLE Seedless Raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups + 1/3 cup buttermilk baking mix, divided
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Puree bananas in blender. Measure 2/3 cup; set aside.
- Combine pureed bananas, egg, 1/3 cup brown sugar and almond extract in medium bowl. Stir in 2 cups buttermilk baking mix just until moistened. Turn batter into prepared pan.
- Combine remaining baking mix, remaining sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in small. Stir in margarine until crumbly. Stir in almonds and raisins. Sprinkle streusel topping over batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.