Baked Chicken with Mandarin Orange Sauce
Chicken crusted and baked in Italian seasoned bread crumbs accompanied by a home made Mandarin Orange sauce.
Calories per serving
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (5.3 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 can (11 oz.) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges, drained
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Cut chicken pieces in half crosswise. Place milk in shallow bowl; place breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in milk to coat; then dip in breadcrumbs to coat well. Place chicken pieces on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until pieces are no longer pink in center. Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
- Stir cornstarch into orange juice until dissolved; stir in basil, in small saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cook 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in mandarin oranges. Serve over chicken.