Pineapple Spice Scones
You will need
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tbsp
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- - milk or cream
- 3 tbsp sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In large bowl, stir together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make well in center. Stir in undrained pineapple and vanilla until dry ingredients are just moistened and forms ball.
- Knead dough gently 10 to 12 times on a lightly floured surface. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray. Brush tops with a little milk or cream.
- In small bowl, stir together almonds, remaining 1 tbsp sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over tops of scones. Bake at 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.