DOLE PACKAGED FOODS, LLC
Effective as of: January 28, 2019
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON OUR SITE
Information You Provide to Us
We respect the privacy of all of our on-line guests. We may collect certain personally-identifiable information, such as your name, telephone number, home address and e-mail address, if you choose to register on our website or participate in our offers and programs. We may also collect demographic information, including age, gender, physical and life-style characteristics, hobbies, preferences, etc. While we do not require visitors to our Site to register or provide information in order to view our home page or most content on our Site, in certain circumstances, you may be asked to register and provide us with some specific information about yourself in order to use or access certain Site features, receive newsletters and other information from us in the future, or to fulfill a request or order for publications, merchandise or other information or materials. If you apply for a job through the Site, we may also collect your work authorization status, educational background, and job preference. Such information may include contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address),
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. It is a tool that stores information about website visits, recognizes you and your preferences each time you visit the Website, and ensures website functionality and enables us to provide the service which our customers request.
- You may encounter cookies from our third-party service providers, that we have allowed on our Website that assist us with various aspects of our Website operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- You also may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. For example, if you view a web page posted as a link from our Website, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.
We use various types of cookies, including session cookies, persistent cookies, local shared objects, pixels, gifs and other tracking technologies, such as third-party tags, session and persistent technologies, first and third-party cookies. Cookies can be persistent by remaining on your computer until you delete them or be based on your browsing session where they delete once you close your browser. First party cookies are used and controlled by us to provide services on the Website.Purposes of Cookies
- Performance cookies: these cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.Social media & Advertising cookies: our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. For example, you will see embedded “share” buttons on some of our web pages. These enable you to easily share content through a number of popular social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter). When you click on one of these buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. These third-party cookies are not under our control, so we suggest that you check the respective privacy policies for these external services to help you to understand what data these organizations hold about you and what they do with it. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
This Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how users use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case IP-anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will be partially used within the European Union or just in the European Economic Area if it is used by other parties. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States, and then shortened so it is only partially used there. The IP-anonymization is active on this Website.
At any time, you can adjust and modify your preferences by visiting the Cookies Setting page, which allow you to oppose to specific categories of cookies (“opt-out”).
You may also control and block the cookies used by the Website by modifying the settings in your browser or on your device that allows you to refuse the setting of all cookies. However, if you use your browser or device settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website. Most modern browsers allow you to manage cookies saved on your computer:
To ammend the cookies settings:
- Click on the chrome menu.
- Select settings.
- Click + Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page
- Under the Privacy section click the Content settings button
- In the Cookies section you are able to change the settings, such as allow cookies, remove all cookies, block third party cookies.
Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10
- Select the Tools menu (ALT-X)
- Select Internet Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Move the slider to choose your preferred settings.
- For more specialized settings click on the Advanced button, check the Override cookie handling checkbox and modify the settings to suit your requirements.
- Select Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- To clear cookies, select the remove individual cookies link.
- To amend the cookie settings, change the Firefox will dropdown in the History section to Use custom settings for history.
- Choose Safari settings menu
- Select Preferences
- Click the Privacy tab.
- In the Block cookies section, specify whether the browser should accept or reject cookies from websites.
- If you want to see which websites store cookies on your computer, click Details.
With new devices being created all the time, including tablets and phones it is not possible to list every browser for every device. The best advice is to consult the manufactures website for further instructions regarding cookies.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personally identifiable information you submit will be used: (i) to carry out your requests and respond to your inquiries, (ii) provide you with access to certain features of the Site or promotions; (iii) communicate with you about your activities on the Site, (iv) tailor content, advertisements, and offers we serve you; (v) improve the Site; and (vi) as otherwise disclosed at the point where such information is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to the particular feature of our Site.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITHOur Vendors and Partners. We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners) or who have joined us in providing promotions and activities, such as companies (including retailers) or individuals that deliver packages, fulfill orders, participate in our promotions, administer our promotions, provide diet, nutrition and fitness information, provide marketing or promotional assistance, process credit card payments, analyze data or provide customer service, but such information will be shared only to the extent these third parties need such information to perform their functions.
Our Affiliates. We may also share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates ("DPF Affiliates").
Other Third Parties. We may also share your personally identifiable information with other companies that are not affiliated with DPF and are not business partners of DPF, but would like to provide you with additional products and/or services that we think may be of interest to you. However, your personally identifiable information will not be provided to these unaffiliated third parties without prior approval from you either through an "opt-in" choice at the point of collection or a response to a notification from DPF seeking approval to share your personally identifiable information with an unaffiliated third party.
Business Transfers . In the event that we are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
Legal Disclosure. . We may transfer and disclose your information to third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that the law or a governmental authority requires it; to verify or enforce our Terms and Conditions or other applicable policies; to address fraud, security or technical issues; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect our rights or property or security of third parties, visitors to our Site or the public.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE, AND ACCESS.
You may always direct us not to share your personal information with third parties (other than our vendors), not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, emails or other communications by: (i) modifying your registered user information on the Site; (ii) sending us an email at Dole.Consumer.Center@doleintl.com; (iii) contacting us by mail at 3059 Townsgate Road, Suite 400, Westlake Village, California 91361-7300, Attention: Consumer Center; or (iv) following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive.
If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your personal information collected through the Site, you may edit your registered user information or contact us at the above address or email. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain personal information you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information. It may not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Our Site may contain links to other websites that are not controlled or maintained by Dole. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites. We encourage you to note when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of such other websites before submitting any personally identifiable information. In addition, our Site may link to websites owned or operated by subsidiaries or companies affiliated with DPF ("Affiliated Site"). Please note that the Affiliated Site are subject to the privacy policies posted on those sites.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have reasonable and appropriate electronic and physical security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
The Site is designed for and targeted to U.S. audiences and is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the U.S. While users from countries other than the U.S. may access the Site, we make no representation that the Site is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations.
If you are located elsewhere outside of the European Union and the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the Site is subject to the laws of the United States, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, or if you wish to review, amend or delete any personally identifiable information you have provided or if you wish to modify the permission you have given us regarding use of your personally identifiable information, you can contact us at: